1. Use of the equipment
The renter accepts the equipment in good condition, and commits himself/herself to return it in equally good condition, as well as committing himself/herself:
- Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle or other equipment.
- To park the bike in a manner that is safe for pedestrians and in a place where theft is minimized (e.g. no dark alleys).
- To use safety equipment correctly as stated by the manufacturer.
- To return the equipment at the time and date indicated on the contract. A late return will be charged according to extra time the bicycle was used.
- To be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment which, at all times, remains the exclusive property of Altituda d.o.o. Insurance coverage can be contracted previously to rent but is optional. Without the insurance and in case the equipment is lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the judgement of Altituda d.o.o., the renter agrees to pay Altituda d.o.o. the value to replace the equipment. The replacement charge will be determined and charged at the time of the rental.
Rentals are available between 8 am and 8 pm, from Monday to Sunday. The return of all equipment must be made during this period or an additional day will be charged for each day’s late return.
2. Charges for use / Insurance
We recommend that you are adequately insured. We cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while on a ride or tour. It is also recommended that this insurance cover you in the event of cancellation of your trip.
The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case a part of the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, the following additional fees will be charged:
a) bike: 700€ – Saddle: 50€ – wheel: 250€ Lock: 30€
b) climbing helmet 70€, via ferrata kit 70€, harness 50€, trekking poles 70€, backpack 70€, hiking shoes 70€, climbing shoes 70€, grigri 70€, quickdraw 10€
3. Repairs and maintenance
In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately to arrange for the exchange of a bicycle of equivalent or superior quality. All repairs needed as a result of the use of the equipment including all parts shall be paid by the renter.
4. Accidents and release of liability
The client agrees that he/she will release Altitude d.o.o. from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages to the user of the equipment listed on this form or to any other person.
The client accepts for full responsibility for the care of this equipment and thereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while bicycling.
5. Cancellation Policy
If a scheduled tour/rental is cancelled due to poor weather conditions such as heavy rain, customers may reschedule their booking for another date.
In all other cases of cancellation, credit/refund will be available to costumers that only notify us via email or telephone at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour/rental.