4. Museum of illusions
Three-storey Museum of illusions invites you into the world of optical illusions and distorted images. If you would like to know what to see in Ljubljana for a high dose of fun and laughter, then enter the museums’ bizarre rooms that create illusions.
- Upside room: take pictures in incredible poses in the 180-degree room
- Endless disco room with countless mirrors
- Ames Room: you will be as small as a dwarf in one corner of the room and a giant in the other corner of the room.
- Optical illusions: a variety of images and installations that play tricks with your brain and at the same time remind you that the assumptions about the visual world are often distorted.
5. Best cakes in Zvezda Cafe on the Congress Square
Zvezda Cafe with a long confectionery tradition stands on the corner between Wolf Street and Zvezda Park in Congress Square. The cafe is best known for its excellent cakes and pastries. To taste the best desserts in the Zvezda Cafe is one of the most enjoyable things to do in Ljubljana Slovenia since here you can also try traditional Slovenian desserts.
The specialty of the cafe is also in its location as from the outdoor terrace you can observe lively events in Congress Square and in Zvezda Park. From here you will have a brilliant sight of the philharmonic hall and the building of the University of Ljubljana, which was once a state palace.
6. Ljubljana Marshes
The unique landscape of the Ljubljana Marshes Regional Park, the natural area of swamps and peat bogs with the river bed of the Ljubljanica River, is the ideal answer to the question of what to do in Ljubljana when you would like to spend a day in nature. The 160 square kilometer landscape offers hikes or cycling tours along the marshes and former settlements where the oldest inhabitants of the modern city lived during the Stone Age.
In Črna Village, a small village at the edge of the swamp, you can visit the Church of St. Michael, one of the greatest cultural and architectural monuments designed by the renowned architect Jože Plečnik.